Friday, June 10, 2005

turn back time

cant take my eyes off of you,
there is an instant held,
by my eyes. you are glorious,
dazzling, most pretty.

looking at you is agony,
you are so beautiful, it hurts.
the world at a standstill,
i cant take my eyes off of you.

is this a dream?
no, but one fleeting instance,
that forever will be in my dreams.
cant take my mind off of you.

a greater agony, i realize,
that this is but a moment,
never to be lived in again,
never to look at your face again.

And as I walk past,
beautiful stranger,
the vision already fading,
i look once again.
cant take me eyes off of you.

6 comments:

silverine said...

Beautiful poem for a beautiful cloudy Bangalore afternoon.

Strangers on the road
fleeting past
like memories
blah blah

( forgive my bad attempt at poetry but I tot I wud comment in rhyme)

zimblymallu said...

yaarappa idhu?
brings back a memory from st. germains. there were a few times some girls showed up to play ball in the quadrangle. i even played a game with them once, even though derrick brown took me out after all of a minute probably. and there was this one girl. i saw her on coles road once after that, while i was coming back from french class. the last time i ever saw her. printed indelibly in my mind. i just stood where i was and watched her. the flash of sunlight on mocha skin. beauty touched my soul that day.

Jake said...

yaaru gotilla. just some one i saw a long time ago in cafe somwhere. i was walking by.

sigh.

Jake said...

and @silverine.
thanks for the gombliment ;) and seriously,
there is never a bad attempt.
Strangers on the road fleeitng pas like memories is good, i dont know about the blah blah tho. who be they ?;)

Sreekesh Menon said...

jake , jake , jake of the city........watch out for that tree!

Jake said...

menon my man, my angel saves me from it.