Sunday, June 19, 2005

tagged ergo post

The vagaries man tagged me. So here goes,

Books I own
: 150 + (tech and non tech stuff). sad shit really, being a book lover, but hey, i just started earning. This number will grow. ( i used to survive on scavenging :-) )
Update : I forgot about ebooks, well over 3000. Yipeee!

Last book I picked up : A collection of poems by American authors, I forget the title.

Last book I read : Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. Hilarious read.

5 books that I find special ?

1. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Pirsig. Wont say much about this, but those who have read it, know.
2. Rendezvous with Rama. One of the first science fiction books I read, waaaay back. Always will remember this.
3. Calvin and Hobbes. Bill Watterson is god.
4. Unaccompanied Sonata by Orson Scott Card. This story tugs, tugs at something deep.
5. Ursula Le Guin's Wizard of Earthsea. Fantastic book.

And oh yes, I am supposed to pass the bug on, so these then are ze lucky ones
zimblymallu
Silverine
Phantasmogria

3 comments:

Jake said...

Hmmm, Sumo has been raving about Song and Fire and Ice too, George RR Martin right ? I think I'll add that to my list as well.

Have you read SR Donaldson ? I am reading a book titled Lord Foul's Bane. Very arresting writing, at least at the start of the book. hope the book finishes just as well.

Anonymous said...

I am with Dhar on 'Song of Ice & Fire'.
Wizard of Earthsea is good but it is not even LeGuin's best work (that would be Left Hand of Darkness, imo).

Unaccompanied Sonata is one closest to be in my list of special books.

- Vagaries Man

Jake said...

@dhar : yeah thomas covenant. the first book begins with Covenant being afflicted by a 'disease' and the way Donaldson explains what Covenant goes through is just wrenching.

@sumo : so when can I scavenge fire and ice off of thee ? ;-)