Thursday, February 16, 2006

free falling

Exhaling, I lean back. Nothing fills my head, a white noise really, a blend of many babbling thoughts. The noise soon fades and my mind floats away. Staring ahead, I try to blink away fleeting ghost patterns that haunt my tired eyes. Shaking my head, I jerk back upright, trying to clear my head off a fog that is fast threatening to overwhelm me. But the sudden movement only serves to pitch my head forward and I am too far gone to resist. "Just two minutes", I promise myself and lay my head down on the table. Lingering I try to remember something. Something I had promised myself just a moment before. Something, something ...

And a sudden "But only in their dreams can men be truly free. 'Twas always thus and always thus will be" flutters in from somewhere, a dying sputter of a thought. But that is the last and I am pulled in. Pulled into a free fall.

5 comments:

zimblymallu said...

welcome to the rabbit hole

Anonymous said...

a very creative free fall!! Quite true!!

Jake said...

@mallu : wonder why it had to be a rabbits hole. what about a mole ? they must feel left out

@anon :thanks anon. but pray,leave behind a name.

N said...

I really don't know what's in a name but at your persistence..

Jake said...

a whim perhaps ?